Chelsea FC news: ‘Reports of rift between Roman Abramovich and Antonio Conte denied by Blues’
Friday, November 3, 2017
Chelsea have moved to play down claims Antonio Conte is facing the sack.
Leading Spanish publication Marca reported this week that the Italian's relationship with club bosses has deteriorated and owner Roman Abramovich has begun the search for a new manager.
Conte led the Blues to Premier League title glory in his first season in charge but his second term has been much more challenging so far.
Amid criticisms of a lack of spending in the summer, Conte has cut a frustrated figure on the touchline and his side have already lost four times this season.
Tensions have been reported behind the scenes with players said to be unhappy at their manager's training methods – claims since denied by Conte.
According to Marca's report, Abramovich is no longer on speaking terms with Conte and has made up his mind to make a change in the dugout.
Abramovich is said to have visited the club's Cobham training base to watch training and speak with Conte this week and remains firmly behind the 48-year-old.