PUBG servers DOWN: Maintenance followed by Battlegrounds PC Update 7 and new patch notes
PUBG SERVER DOWN
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is now offline as PC live servers are now down for maintenance.
It's expected that the maintenance will last for 3 hours whilst the developer moves the moving the current test build over to games live servers.
You can read the detailed patch notes and what changes are going to occur just below to the gallery.
• Stay tuned for updates.
• More information to follow.
PUBG 2018 Roadmap – all updates and changes coming to Xbox One and PC
BLUEHOLE has revealed all the changes coming to PUBG on the Xbox One and PC in a 2018 roadmap layout. Take a look at how you can expect the game to change this year.
ORIGINAL STORY – Bluehole have released details of a brand new patch coming later this evening. In a few hours time the developers Starting tonight, March 12, at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET (3 AM CET on March 13), developer PUBG Corp. will take the PC servers down.
This will last for roughly three hours as the developer performs maintenance and moves the current games test build over to the live game.
The new update will mark the seventh major update the game has received since leaving early access back in December, and it introduces a number of new features to the game, all of which were detailed by the games latest blog post that accompanied the patch notes.
"With this patch, we are bringing various optimizations to our server and client. We have mitigated lag and stutter instances and alleviated frame drop and lag occurrences happening when players are pushed together, starting from the second half of a match, or in dynamic situations, like intense firefights.
"This has allowed for a smoother environment to play in, than before."
"As you are all aware, we were also going to introduce and test our new limb and vehicle penetration system this month. Unfortunately, there’s been an alteration in our plans, but we will be sure to give an update on this at a later time."
Keep reading to take a look at the official patch notes supplied by Bluehole.
PUBG March Update (PC 1.0 Update #7)
- Improved real-time response by reducing input lag
- Mitigated the frame drop issue caused by the map loading process
- Reduced burden on GPU by optimizing buildings in Erangel
- Optimized the beginning and the end of effects
- Optimized vehicle physics when driving under a certain speed
- Optimized server network performance
- Optimized vehicle physics when driving under a certain speed
- Added PUBG friends list
- Up to 50 people can be added as PUBG friends
- Players with PUBG accounts can search and add friends freely regardless of the platform they are using (including Steam, Mail.ru and DMM)
- Friend list is a one-way follower concept, not a mutual acceptance between players
- PUBG friends list is independent of the Steam friends list. You don't have to be friends on Steam to be friends in PUBG
- Up to 30 players you were recently in a team with will be shown on RECENT
- Added main menu voice chat
- You can chat with the players in your team while still in the main menu
- When using the voice chat, a speaker icon will be displayed on the right of the player's name
- Removed the function of being able to invite a player from their career screen due to a technical issue
- Made holes in the ceiling and floor of some high buildings, so that it is easier to move between different levels, to improve the gameplay experience on Miramar
- Added 37 achievements on Steam
- Added emote system
- 12 default emotes will be provided now, and more emotes will be added in the future
- While holding the emote menu key (default is ~), emote can be activated by left-clicking the emote or hot key of emote you want to use
- Fixed the blue blood effect being more visible than the red blood effect when player gets shot
- Added material for crops, rubber, cloth, paper and cactus
- When shooting or attacking with a melee weapon, the right effect for each material will be displayed
- Changed the gun scope view to be more realistic
- Expanded the field of view through the scope
- Added a parallax effect when moving weapons fast
- Added color, vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction) and distortion effect on the edge of scopes
- Redesigned the 9 vehicle status icons to work better with 4K resolution
- Replaced the red cross icon with a red tire icon for a broken tire
- Added a hit sound effect for crops, rubber, cloth, paper and cactus material
- Fixed a square-shaped border on the sea that could be seen when flying in the airplane
- Fixed an issue where a player could die instantly when vaulting and climbing
- Improved problems where characters would get stuck or die during vaulting, and be able to look through walls.
- Fixed some incorrect UI and in-game text
- Improved problematic character animation where the character would move abnormally if multiple actions were performed in sequence
- Fixed abnormal appearance of some clothes, such as costumes overlapping or missing
- Adjusted the locations of items that would spawn in places that players cannot reach
- Fixed an issue where the mouse sensitivity option could not be set to 59
- Fixed an issue that allowed a character to crawl quickly through a certain combination of controls
- Fixed the issue of overlapping footstep sounds in FPP mode
- Improved an issue where three-wheeled motorbikes would suddenly flip whenever the server performance deteriorated
- Fixed an issue where a player would have a slower falling speed when switching seats on a three-wheeled motorcycle mid-air
- Fixed an issue where underwater bullet penetration effect was not being applied sometimes
- Fixed an issue where a player was unable to cancel fueling up a vehicle, even though cancel was clicked
- Fixed an issue where throwables that had already exploded mid-air would still make a popping sounds on the ground
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a downed player was able to drive a vehicle
- Fixed an issue where after reconnecting a vehicle was intermittently invisible or the character and camera were misaligned
- Fixed an issue where the character of a player with a new account would not show up in the main menu when forming a team
- Fixed an issue where the shadow of a character was too sharp regardless of the distance
- Fixed an issue where when jumping out of the airplane, the character fell to a fixed position, no matter the flying direction
- Fixed an issue where when player tried to ADS with scope attached weapon, some of the scope exterior parts were shown late
- Fixed an issue where the adjusted zoom level in 8x scope reset after swapping to your other weapon(s)
- Fixed an issue where the item quantity adjustment popup window displays automatically when picking up/discarding items from the Inventory screen
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the lung capacity gauge was not in sync between being in the water and out of water