Nintendo Switch UPDATE: 5.0 system update available – here's what it does
Nintendo this morning dropped a huge firmware update for the Nintendo Switch console, which now brings the Switch system to version 5.0.
Unlike past versions, it has introduced some pretty MASSIVE updates to the console and is the latest update to the console since May.
You can see some of the big changes below the gallery where you will also find the full 5.0 changelog.
The update will now allow users to add friends through social media, which means anyone with Facebook or Twitter accounts can add friends from those platforms.
However, Vooks.net believes that the news section filter is the star of the show:
"Another fantastic change is that you can now filter the News section to either only show unread posts, or to only show posts from particular channels.
"This is going to be a fantastic addition for those who have accounts from multiple regions, too, since their news feeds tend to get clogged up to the point of being unusable."
Keep reading for the full changelog.
Nintendo Direct March 2018 CONFIRMED games
NHere's everything revealed as part of the Nintendo Direct from March 8th, 2018
Nintendo Switch 5.0 Update Changelog
Improvements Included in Version 5.0.0
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console's Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
How to update your Nintendo Switch console
- If your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet, your console will download the update automatically.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll be asked if you’d like to install the update. Be sure to save any game progress before you continue.
- When you’re ready to install the update, choose “update” to install. Your console will restart to complete the update.