Call of Duty WW2 – Operation: Shamrock & Awe Screenshots
Test your luck, soldier. You'll need all the help you can get for the Operation: Shamrock & Awe event for Call of Duty®: WWII.
The patch notes for Call of Duty: World War II patch 1.11 have now also been released.
You can read them below.
- Updates to loot system
- Operation: Shamrock & Awe Community Event in MP and Zombies
- New content (weapons, camos, uniforms, charms, reticles, etc)
- Shipment 1944 (available Season Pass holders today, and for free for non-Season Pass holders starting March 16th)
- Prop Hunt on DLC maps
- Fixed issue in Hardcore where players were able to rejoin a match from which they were just kicked
- Fixed issue where Player 2 in split screen on a guest account was being kicked to Local Play when creating first loadout Offline
- Fixed issue where players were crashing when equipping Scorestreaks
- Fixed issue where players crash after accepting invites to a public War match
- Fixed issue where matches were not starting properly from Featured playlists
- Fixed loss of functionality issue when players return to MP Menu after completing match in Local Play
- Fixed map exploits on Gustav Cannon and Occupation
- Fixed error when loading into a Custom TDM match on Anthropoid
- Fixed issue where upon opening supply drops from the Options menu while in HQ, players would sometimes be transported to another part of HQ
- Fixed issue where players were unable to abandon Orders when in Major Howard’s menu
- Various UI fixes and improvements (split screen, text descriptions, in-game store, menu tabs, Firing Range, missing/incorrect icons, Division slots, Soldier stats, widgets, text overlap)
- Fixed issue where “My Emblems” tab was not informing players of how many emblem slots they had left
- Fixed issue where green star notification in the Dossier menu was not disappearing for Calling Cards section
- Fixed issue where players would hear the sound of a truck driving when loading into HQ
- Fixed issue where unlocking new Scorestreaks also equips them when players have three already equipped
- Fixed issue where players were able to reload the Combat Shotgun past the max amount of ammo
- Fixed explosive scorestreaks behavior underwater
- Nerfed the Volkssturmgewehr (Increased recoil and decreased damage range to be more on par with other rifles in its class)
- Pushed through some fixes for issue where players were losing MMR
- Fixed issue where when Player 1 (party leader) leaves a lobby, Player 2 will not be automatically pulled out with Player 1
- Various UI fixes and improvements (icons, menu tabs)
- Fixed issue where when one player is kicked for inactivity, remaining players were also kicked
- Fixed issues with lobby placement
- Fixed UI issues with Soldier tab and MLG Divisions
- Fixed issue where Team two (Axis)’s objective colors were not updating properly
- Fixed issue where some restricted items were still able to be equipped
- Various UI fixes and improvements (menu displays, description text, weapon personalization, text overlap, unlock requirements)
- Fixed issue in TDS where some players who were revived were teleported out of playable area
- Fixed issue where upgraded camo was not displaying for various weapons
- Fixed issues with Wüstling and other zombies pathing and behavior
- Fixed functionality issues with 9mm SAP
- Fixed issues with upgrading the Ripsaw
- Fixed issue where Pommel grenade fails to regenerate uses
- Eliminated fall damage (meaning, it can no longer take your armor)
- Reduced “red screen of death” opacity to make it less obfuscating
Call of Duty WW2 Update: BIG PS4, Xbox, PC multiplayer changes ahead of new patch notes
Call of Duty WW2 Update – Update 1:
Activision and Sledgehammer Games have announced the new in-game event for Call of Duty: WWII: Operation Shamrock and Awe.
The event is due to run from March 13 through April 3.
The new event features all new St. Patrick’s themed gear, weapons, and new featured modes.
One new mode is Leprechaun Hunt Moshpit, where you'll find a fleet-footed zombie leprechaun hidden in each map with prizes for taking it down.
Also, Headquarters receives a new update. You'll note the area has been fully decorated for the Irish-themed event.
Sledgehammer Games has also added in a new map in the form of Shipment. Fans of the series will note it's a returning map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. This map will be available to all, even when the Shamrock & Awe event is over.
Shipment 1944 is available for Season Pass holders right now, and everyone else will have access to the map starting March 16.
The update size is listed at 3.5GB on PS4.
Stay tuned for more info.
Call of Duty WW2 UPDATE – New content coming in March
Call of Duty WW2 is scheduled to get a BIG new update today – here's a sneak peak
Call of Duty WW2 players on PS4, Xbox One and PC are set for a BIG update to drop later today which is going to have a massive say on the games Quartermaster & Supply Drops.
On top of this developer Sledgehammer Games has also promised to make changes, fixes, and add new content for Call of Duty: WW2, some of which the recent dev blog also shared.
"As a special thank you for being so supportive of these blogs over the last month, we’d like to show you a sampling of some of the cool new items releasing (in addition to the weapon and uniform variant we teased last week)"
You can see these "cool new items" in the gallery below.
In addition to all of the above, Sledgehammer are also introducing a new St. Patrick’s Day event, building on the success of the event during Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered last year.
The new in-game event, Operation: Shamrock and Awe, will go live TODAY, bringing with it a new content and more alongside the main Call of Duty WW2 Update.
Keep reading to take a look at the teaser images which Sledgehammer Games shared as well as the multiplayer notes on what's changing with this big new update coming later today.
CALL OF DUTY WW2 MULTIPLAYER UPDATE
The Quartermaster & Supply Drops: Let’s talk about ‘em! First off, we wanted to thank everyone for their feedback. We have taken it to heart and have been working to improve our system to make the experience better for you. With the launch of Operation: Shamrock and Awe [today], which includes some festive St. Patrick’s-themed gear, we felt this was the best opportunity to recalibrate and improve the loot experience. We evaluated the entire system and your feedback, with the sole focus of improving the overall quality of item drops and delivery. Below are the major updates to the system coming to the game starting tomorrow:
- Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – We’re adding new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms with a commitment to double-down on these categories moving forward so you’ll be able to get more of the content you want.
- More Ways to Earn Weapons – We are offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
- Lowered Duplicate Rates – We are reducing the frequency of duplicates you’ll receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
- Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
- New Special Orders – We heard your feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get. We are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
- New Categories of Items – You will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
- Content Changes – We are removing gold foil calling cards, and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
- Armory Drops – We are adding a new Supply Drop type “Armory Drops” which will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits to provide yet another way to get the content you’re after.
In addition to the above, it's possible but not concrete just yet, that Sledgehammer Games could also drop some information about the games next DLC release.
The reason some people online believe the games second DLC could be not that far off is largely because something related to the game might have leaked on the PlayStation Store ahead of time.
Some PlayStation owners on Reddit have spotted a listing for a new Call of Duty WW2 item in the store, called "Shipment 1944".
The listing was only available briefly before it was pulled from the store, but some people were able to spot it before it was taken down and grab a pic of the new icon for whatever this is.
No further info is known just yet outside of this title but some corners have suggested that the title of the next Call of Duty WW2 DLC might indicate that the next DLC pack will have a redone version of the popular 'Shipment' map that first appeared in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Nothing is certain right now, but as we mention, more info could be coming very soon if listings are starting to appear on the PS Store.
All we do know is that it will be coming to PS4 first, before releasing on Xbox One and PC 30 days later.